To empower Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, to achieve positive futures through providing high quality education and real pathway opportunities.
We aim to achieve this vision by:
- embracing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Christian perspectives and cultural knowledge and wisdom to foster in students strong, positive identities.
- creating a safe environment in which students further their knowledge, skills and confidence to: Achieve their full potential; attain economic independence; and contribute positively to their families, their communities and Australian society.
- being a leader in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander education.
- Culture - Shalom values Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island culture and the special contribution it offers all Australians.
- Faith - For Shalom, Christian faith expressed in an Indigenous context underpins all aspects of school life.
- Learning - Shalom values learning and the joy and opportunities that it can bring to individuals and communities.
- Community - Shalom values healthy communities where individuals feel valued.
- Respect - Shalom values individual self-respect and repect for others, their property and their reputation.
- Relationships - Shalom values healthy and productive relationships between all members of the Shalom Community.
- Reconciliation - Shalom values reconciliation between first nation and second nation people.
- Diversity - Shalom values the world view and cultural perspective of all individuals and what that can offer the whole community.
- Personal excellence - Shalom values the striving for personal excellence in all aspects of life.